A collection of assorted postings and pages I picked up while aimlessly wandering around the net this past week.
- 9Marks posted a Leadership Interview with Iain Murray about “The Pastoral Practices of Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones” Great insights into how the Doctor went about the work of ministry.
- Speaking of the Doctor, Adrian Warnock posted a sermon on “Joy” that he (Adrian) preached at his church recently. In the sermon he referred to a wonderful quote of Lloyd-Jones some years ago when he was speaking to a group of ministers. Adrian had written about the occasion previously, and sent us all back to the 2006 blog post. Read it for yourself.
- Tim Challies‘ Mom started a blog! The Challies will own the blogosphere soon!
- Michael Harper of the White Horse Inn blog wrote about a recent article in The Christian Century. A group of leading pastors and thologians were asked to write the gospel in 7 words. An interesting (though sad) read that reveals how confused the church has become on the issue. Harper put out the challenge for his readers to come up with their own 7 word answer. Read his post, and check out the results for yourself.
- Lots of posts everywhere about the election (won’t we all just be glad when it’s over). But Dr. Albert Mohler’s piece “The Great American Worldview Test – The 2012 Election” is a must read as he shows just what a huge divide there is between the two parties and their respective candidates. At least you have a clear choice this year.