A collection of assorted postings and pages I picked up while aimlessly wandering around the net this past week.
- It was via Twitter that I saw the first report that Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani was finally released from the Iranian prison where he’d been confined, and even under sentence of death, for over 3 years. The prayers of God’s people all around the world brought him home to his family. We need to keep praying for him, and the church in that nation.
- Beatles fan? Do you remember that strange guitar chord at the beginning of “A Hard Day’s Night”? Apparently the mystery is being solved.
- Stanley Fish of the New York Times critiqued Dinesh D’Souza’s new film “2016: Obama’s America”.
- … and D’Souza responded. (By the way, the film has now outsold all of Michael Moore’s films. Just sayin’.)
- Tim Keller wrote a wonderful piece entitled Revival: Ways and Means. You must read it.
- And while I’m on Keller, I had not seen this wonderful depository of 150 free select sermons and lectures. I downloaded some of them to my iPod, and I’m working my way through them.